Strike and bounce on your forefoot, engage all muscles while running, run better by improving your stride and cadence, and increase your heart rate over a shorter distance and period by shifting the momentum and impact onto your muscles while running. The Muscle Runners facilitate proper running form by shifting the impact from your ankles, knees and lower back onto your leg muscles.
fascia crusher massage roller is the perfect Muscle Running™️ companion to help prepare for and recover from your Muscle Run™️. The Muscle Runners are placed inside the complimentary
fascia crusher. Functional packaging to help you Run on Muscle™️.
Introducing the MUSCLE RUNNERS, designed to enhance your athletic performance and provide maximum comfort during your runs. Our shoes are made with high-quality materials, making them both durable and stylish.
The upper part of the shoes is made with Merino wool and eucalyptus tree fibers. These materials are both soft and breathable, ensuring that your feet stay comfortable even during intense runs. Additionally, Merino wool is naturally anti-bacterial and wicks away moisture, keeping your feet dry and odor-free. Eucalyptus tree fibers are not only environmentally friendly, but they are also strong and flexible, making them the perfect material for shoes.
The midsole is made with Pebax® foam, a lightweight and resilient material that provides excellent shock absorption and energy return. This combined with our ForeStrike™️ technology helps to reduce the impact on your joints, reducing the risk of injury and allowing you to run healthier and more efficiently.
The carbon fiber plate adds extra stiffness and support, and yet flexible in the forefoot, helping to strengthen your leg muscles and joints with every stride. The plate is also very lightweight, so it won't add any noticable weight to the shoes.
The Muscle Runners are designed to be durable, with a strong and long-lasting construction that will stand up to even the toughest runs. They are also environmentally friendly, with materials chosen for their low impact on the environment.
Whether you're a professional runner, or just want to run healthier and stronger, the MUSCLE RUNNERS are here to enhance your performance and improve your running form.
- Strengthen leg muscles and joints
- build proper running form
- Made with high-quality materials
- Upper: Merino wool and eucalyptus tree fibers (breathable, soft, anti-bacterial, temperature regulating, moisture wicking), Non-Fluorine environmentally friendly water-repellent finish
- Midsole: Pebax foam (high energy return, lightweight, shock-absorbing)
- Plate: carbon fiber plate (stiff under the heel, flexible in the forefoot, supportive)
- Durable construction
- Environmentally friendly
- Ideal for professional and recreational runners
The anatomy of the muscle runners
- Forefoot Cushioning: 27.5 MM (With Insole: 31.5 MM)
- Heel Cushioning: 17.5 MM (With Insole: 21.5 MM)
- Weight for Size M8.5: 256g/9oz
- The forefoot is dropped about 10 MM lower than the heel inside the shoe
- Heel ground clearance: 18 MM when the forefoot is level with the ground
- Forefoot Gain™️ provides more cushioning under the forefoot than under the heel. The dual-density foam – consisting of two Pebax™ foam layers of varying firmness – guarantees maximum comfort and performance
- Heel Gain™️ elevates the heel when the shoe is positioned parallel to the ground. This ensures avoiding ground contact during landing and helps maintain the perfect Muscle Running™ form. There's about 8mm* less cushioning under the heel as compared to the cushioning under the forefoot
- ForeSpring™️ Plate: dual-flex Carbon Fiber Plate that is more flexible in the forefoot and more rigid under the arch and heel. The ForeSpring plate is sandwiched between the two Pebax™️ Midsole Foams in the Forefoot, But sitting on the Top Surface of the Midsole Foam under the Heel
- ForeSpring™️ Foam: dual-density castor-bean based super-light, super-springy foam customized for softer feel right below the forefoot and slightly stiffer layer for ground contact. A first Pebax™️ Foam sits under a slightly Softer second Pebax™️ Foam for maximum comfort and performance
- HEELX™️ is our innovative heel-counter locks in the heel to reduce the shoe’s contact with the achilles tendon. HEELX™ sits between the ankle (malleolus) bones and the achilles to secure the heel (calcaneus) while still ensuring full heel mobility
- HEELX extensions on each side allow for the upper fabric to be much lower (~ 5mm) behind the heel as compared to most other running shoes
- HEELX™️ soft foam & hard plastic combine to provide a soft touch and rigid grip of the heel to lower impact on the Achilles
Eco-Friendy and Sustainable Upper & Sole
We spent over two years researching and testing the best materials for the MUSCLE RUNNERS. We obsessed over finding materials that would enhance performance and comfort while being friendly to the environment. Materials being implemented comprise:
Merino Wool. The shoe’s upper is 30% merino wool. We chose wool because it provides temperature regulation in both warm and cold weather. It is also moisture-wicking and dries quickly
Lenzing™️ Tencel™️ - Eucalyptus tree fibers. 30% of the shoe’s upper is made of Lenzing-certified Tencel made of eucalyptus tree fibers, which keeps the foot cool
Lenzing™️ Tencel™️ - Eucalyptus tree fibers for the laces. antepes MUSCLE RUNNERS feature laces made of 80% Tencel eucalyptus fibers with biodegradable lace tips. These are both eco-friendly and feel luxurious . . . because even tying your shoes should be a great experience. The remaining 20% of the laces are made up of 100% recycled PET
Eco-Friendly Non-Fluorine Watter Repellent Finish. We keep your feet dry in wet conditions and stay eco-friendly and sustainable while doing so. We went the extra distance in every single aspect of the Muscle Runners™️
A castor-bean based foam. We chose an extremely advanced and sustainable Pebax™️ foam that is castor-bean based. As a matter of fact, every foam component in the MUSCLE RUNNERS sole uses this foam because it is both eco-friendly and some of the best foams for running due to being some of the bounciest and lightest foams that give some of the highest energy returns
Premium & Advanced Materials & Components
Midsole Top Layer in the Forefoot and Insole - Produced from a first Proprietary PEBAX® Foam Blend
Midsole Bottom Layer and HEELX™️ Counter Foam - Produced from a second Proprietary PEBAX® Foam Blend
HEELX™️ Counter Hard Exterior - Produced from a Proprietary TPU Blend
ForeSpring™️ Plate - Consisting of a Dual-Stiffness Dual-Split Carbon Fiber Plate
ForeGrip™️ Outsole - Natural Rubber-based Proprietary Rubber Blend
Bio-Based One-Piece Upper - Consists of Knit Fabric being Composed of the Highest Performing & Quality Luxury Materials, comprising:
30% Merino Wool
30% Lenzing® Tencel® (Eucalyptus Tree Fibers)
30% Hot-Melt Nylon (for Performance and Durability)
10% Spandex (for Stretchability in the Tongue)
Free Limited Edition Fascia CRUSHER with every Muscle runners
We have a limited supply of Fascia Crusher massage rollers coming with our first orders of the MUSCLE RUNNERS, so run (don't walk) to the checkout!
How the Muscle Runners Enable Forefoot Running
The MUSCLE RUNNERS were designed to give you every bit of forefoot running support a shoe can provide. The antepes MUSCLE RUNNERS design is the culmination of over two years of research, development, and experimentation. Every feature, measurement, and material were chosen to provide the best forefoot running experience.
The antepes MUSCLE RUNNERS design includes:
- A well-cushioned forefoot sole with dual-density. Muscle Runners™️ give you cushioning where you need it the most: under the forefoot and the front half of your midfoot. Unlike other running shoes on the market, the majority of cushioning on a pair of antepes Muscle Runners is found where you will strike during a forefoot run. The cushioning is expertly designed to absorb shock from your running surface when your forefoot hits the ground.
- A slim sole at the heel. If you’ve tried running in a traditional running shoe, you likely were frustrated that you couldn’t get a great forefoot strike with a bulky heel in the way. antepes MUSCLE RUNNERS eliminate the extra cushioning at the heel to streamline your running experience and add more comfort during your run.
- Stability and flexibility. Flexibility in the foot is essential for forefoot running. That’s why antepes MUSCLE RUNNERS contain a split Carbon Fiber Plate from the midfoot on toward the front. The Carbon Fiber Plate stabilizes the metatarsophalangeal joints, providing extra stability distributing weight to the ball of the foot rather than to the toes.
- A sole ideally shaped for forefoot running. The sole is angled to facilitate striking in an area between behind the ball of the foot and in front of the arch, and from there efficiently rolling off onto the ball of the foot. The cushioning allows the calf muscle to stretch farther, which makes it easier for your foot to create the needed rebound for forefoot running.
Why muscle running?
If you already run on your forefoot, you know of the amazing benefits, such as strengthening the calf and ankle, preventing injury, and increasing stamina - MUSCLE RUNNING™️ involves running entirely on the fore-45% of the bottom surface length of the foot
It is often said that forefoot running is the natural way to run. If you watch children run, you’ll find that most children forefoot strike. There is a lot of research to suggest that forefoot running contributes to the most natural running form.
When you run on your forefoot, your body benefits in a number of ways:
First, striking on the forefoot reduces the impact on your joints.
Landing on your forefoot allows your feet, legs, and upper body to distribute and gradually absorb the shock of impact on your running surface. Striking with your heel, on the other hand, sends the shock of impact directly through your leg to important, injury-prone areas of the body, such as the shin, knee, and hip.
Second, landing and rolling off on the forefoot contributes to a healthier running form.
Many people who strike on the forefoot notice that their running form and running posture improve.
Third, running on your forefoot strengthens important muscles.
Running on your forefoot can strengthen your calves, muscles in your feet, and muscles around your ankle in ways that heel striking could never achieve. If you are new to forefoot running, this strengthening process will increase your capacity for forefoot running and beyond. And if you run long-distance and prefer to continue running long-distance by heel striking, increased muscle strength from forefoot running can improve your long-distance running. Forefoot striking builds muscle, which is why we have coined the term “muscle running!”
How do the MUSLE RUNNERS compare to what is on the market right now?
Forefoot running with what is on the market now can be difficult, frustrating, and counter-productive. Overall, forefoot running in current shoes can prevent proper forefoot running form. When a runner tries to land on the forefoot in current shoes, the heel often intrudes upon the forefoot striking process or runners can be forced to strike on their tippy toes, which is unhealthy for the toes. As a result, the traditional shoe doesn’t allow the mid foot to strike the ground, and it is difficult for the runner to roll off onto the ball of the foot. And unlike every other running shoe, antepes MUSCLE RUNNERS incorporate a split Carbon Fiber Plate to give them the stability and flexibility needed for forefoot running. The Carbon Fiber Plates stabilize the metatarsophalangeal joints to provide extra stability and reduce the amount of weight on the toes. The plates stabilize the forefoot and distribute weight to the ball of the foot rather than to the toes.
Let customers speak for us
Went for my first run in my new antepes Muscle Runners. They have a negative drop and are designed to get you into an efficient forefoot strike.
Only went 15 minutes, but I really liked the feel! Nice cushioning but not squishy. Good responsiveness. Felt very efficient in them. Looking forward to going longer in them soon but want to transition slowly.
I was looking for a shoe that helped not only strengthen my calves but also help me run with better technique. antepes Muscle Runners force you to run correctly, strengthening all your lower body muscles.
These shoes slowly but surely allowed me to regain stronger calves and legs after taking years off from sport. It took me a short while to get used to the natural stride but it was certainly worth it. Definitely a must have for runners looking to build stronger legs.
Fascia Crusher & Muscle Running
The First Dual-Density Massage Roller intentionally designed for Muscle Running - The fascia crusher Packages Your Muscle Runners
MUSCLE RUNNING involves striking and landing on the fore-45% of the bottom of the foot, which is the area in front of the middle of foot's arch. Then you can lower your heel down for ground contact if needed to lower the weight distributed onto the calves. You can decide if you'd prefer some heel contact afte landing on the forefoot or no heel contact at all.